Thursday, April 21, 2011

So what is my purpose.....

The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40



I really took a  while to start this blog because I think there are so many coupon blogs out there and I didn't want to be just another one taking up cyber space.  But I got some urging from family and friends and also I figured if these family members and friends keep calling me for deals, it is quicker to just post about them and tell them to go to the blog. 

Well, a friend of mine calls couponing her ministry and really that is something that has really stuck with me and that is my goal in this blog.  I am not looking to make all kinds of money or get a TV appearance (I will post about that extreme couponing show later, but it is not my cup of tea).  I just want to help others achieve financial goals and to learn to be good stewards over the money God has given them.  I am able to easily stay at home with my children through the money we save from couponing and I am amazed how my grocery couponing has turned into couponing for clothes, trips, vacations...everything.  I am amazed at how my husband has jumped full force on the couponing bandwagon and how even my Teen has started trying to get some Walgreens money makers going and goes through the coupons before I get to often.  I get so upset when I see people paying good money to learn to coupon, and I just want to offer a free forum for people to learn to do what they need to do to make life easier for their families

I am still a work in progress, but I sincerely hope to achieve financial freedom because God does not intend for us to live in debt and have to worry about things as simple as feeding our families.  So this is what my purpose will be in this blog.  I want others to learn to live frugally and happily and to learn that budgets don't have to mean living with less. 

Hopefully I can inspire you and your family to create a budget and set financial goals too.

2 comments:

  1. What you are doing is commendable. And being a good steward over your money is something that everyone can benefit from! Thank you so much for starting this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NI love this insight, and no worries your gift WILL make room for you. You can't help God's people without Him blessing you in return. Thank you for writing your vision.

    ReplyDelete