Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CHECK YOUR PAPERS!!!

I always tell people to check their papers before they leave the store to make sure that all of their inserts are in there and that no one took a single coupon or page out of the paper.  Although I get a subscription, I also check my papers as soon as I can on Sunday morning to make sure that there wasn't a missing insert or two in my papers also.  Maybe once or twice a year, I will be short an insert or have just the outside cover of an insert, but it is pretty rare.  The only problem is that these are also the times when I am really looking forward to a specific coupon. 

So guess what? This Sunday we were running late for church (ok, that's not unusual, we are always late) but with the running late, me deciding to wash my hair at 7AM (did I mention church starts at 9:30 and it is a 30 minute drive), having 2 little girls with hair to comb and dresses, tights, shoes, etc to put on, I never got around to checking my papers.  Then my husband went out of town yesterday and I was busy with the new crawler, toddler and teen, finishing taxes, teaching body parts, trying to figure out how a blog works...you get the point.  Well, I never checked my papers yesterday either.  So today I found that I was missing a section of the smartsource in 6 of my papers! And of course, these would be the inserts that have the 1c cent carefree, and the $3 splenda coupons.....ARRRRRRGH! 

Well, I called the tribune and they of course will credit me for the 6 papers, but I don't care about the $3 credit, I want my Money Maker Splenda and Free with possible overage Carefree!

Moral of the lesson:  CHECK YOUR PAPERS AT THE STORE, or WHILE YOU CAN STILL GET A REDELIVERY at home. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain!!! I will ALWAYS check from now on!

    ReplyDelete