Thursday, April 7, 2011

How it will all work

So how am I going to do this….
-By using coupons for many items I buy and by using rebates to get items for free and often times to get paid more than what I even spent on the items I purchased back. (this is called a money maker, but I will cover more coupon lingo later)
-By using the rebate money I get back to buy gift cards (hopefully on a discount) for other items we will need in the future
-By shopping at Walgreens and getting items there that are free after register rewards (don’t know what a register reward is, don’t worry, I will explain that later too) or better than free, and buying the majority of my groceries at a Supervalu store (for us in the Midwest Jewel is our Supervalu store) using those register rewards.
- By “making money” for a little bit of my time here and there on-line. Using websites like swagbucks and synovate  will help me get a few extra dollars to supplement my budget.

There are many other things I will be doing too, but that is the big overview of how we will make it work.  (hopefully, don’t forget this is all an experiment)

So far this year, I have been doing pretty well with this budget plan. 

In case you haven’t noticed, I am not saying I will find things that total $50 in retail value to live off of per week, I will simply be spending no more than $50 a week in cash, credit or check for out needs.  As you will soon see, the retail value of the things I will be getting by spending  just $50 each week out of pocket is equivalent to a couple hundred of dollars pre-coupons, and gift cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment